Clean Bench Testing
Clevair offers comprehensive testing, certification, and maintenance of unidirectional flow devices (also known as laminar flow units or clean benches). Our skilled technicians are authorized to perform warranty repairs for all major equipment manufacturers. All testing is performed in accordance with established Clevair standard operating procedures [SOPs], which are updated to remain compliant with federal and international safety guidelines, current good manufacturing practices [cGMPs], and quality assurance systems. Unidirectional Flow Devices are tested in accordance with relative standards.
How the Clean Bench Works:
Primary tests include:
- Airflow velocity profile - documents that the air in the work area is unidirectional and functioning as designed, preventing cross contamination
- HEPA filter integrity testing - demonstrates that no contamination will enter the work area through the supply filter
- Airflow visualization - It demonstrates good coverage of critical operator and/or machine areas, and also highlights zones with poor air movement
- Non-viable particle counting - performed in accordance with ISO 14644 and reports the amount of particulate, if any, there is in the hood.
Optional tests include:
- Light testing - establishes that the fluorescent lights are working at a level that will not contribute to worker fatigue
- Vibration testing - assures that product is not subject to damage due to vibration
- Sound testing - verifies that using the hood will not contribute to worker fatigue